June 8, 2012
- Hi From Carissa!
- 2012 Summer Camp Guide
- Quote of the week
- The Magic Wand Project For Kids
- Our Work From Home Guide!
- This Weeks Goodies & Winners
- Dial Up The Sun
- Kids in Action Summer pic
- Some Great Free ( and cheap) activities in RVA
- How To Plant A Butterfly Garden
- Summer Reading Programs
- Macaroni Recipe: Stoplight Frozen Pops
- Special Kids... Special Needs
- This Week's Picks
- This Week's Calendar
- Teen Scene
- Plan Ahead
One of the best things about summer is all the fresh, seasonal produce! These homemade frozen pops are full of sweet summer fruit and lots of great vitamins too. The combination of kiwis, peaches, and strawberries provides plenty of Vitamin A, C, and D, plus potassium, folate, and fiber!
- 2 cups strawberries, washed and hulled
- 2 cups sliced peaches
- 6 medium kiwi, peeled and chopped
- honey to taste, if desired
Purée strawberries in a blender. Add a squeeze of honey for extra sweetness if desired. Divide evenly among 6 large popsicle molds. Each mold should be about 1/3 full. Rinse your blender, then purée the peaches, adding a squeeze of honey if desired. S-l-o-w-l-y pour peaches on top of strawberries. If you do it too quickly, they will bleed together. I bet you can guess the next step ... Rinse your blender, then purée the kiwi adding a squeeze of honey if desired. Pour the kiwi on top of the peaches. Add your popsicle stick and freeze. Watch your kids eat them faster than they can melt!
TIP: To loosen the popsicle from the mold, run under hot water for a few seconds. The popsicles should then slide out easily.
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC