July 27, 2012
- Hi From Carissa!
- Olympics: DIY Medals
- Olympics: Torch Snack & Activity
- What Elite Athletes Can Teach Our Kids
- This Weeks Goodies & Winners
- App Of The Week- All Olympics !
- CYT's Jake Smith spends some time with us !
- ParaNorman - In Theaters August 17th
- Quote of the week
- Cirque Giveaway
- Special Kids... Special Needs
- This Week's Picks
- This Week's Calendar
- Teen Scene
- Plan Ahead
He is Starring in Joseph & The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
Tell us a little about yourself...
1. My name is Jake Smith, I am 15 years old and a sophomore at Godwin High School. I have a sister (Jessica) that is 22 and lives and works in New York City, my 11 year old cousin Isabella lives with us and is like my sister.
When did you start acting?
2. I started acting in my middle school show choir, the first show was Once upon a mattress in 7th grade, I was 13 years old
When was your first show?
3. I started taking classes when I was 13 and when I was 14 did my first show ( Pocahontas)
What has been your favorite role?
4. Joseph is by far the favorite role I have ever played
What is your favorite play that you have seen?
5. My favorite play I have see is American Idiot on Broadway, and I would love to see Jersey Boys on Broadway for my next show
What do you like to do in your free time?
6 I write music and would love to have a recording contract one day but would also love to be on Broadway or be acting in movies.
How do you manage to juggle your time and schedule?
7 my mother is a huge help in organizing all my activities and I get my homework done whenever I have free time whether during the day after lunch at school or late at night
8. I love to long board and play soccer with my friends
9. favorite book is Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, my favorite movie is The amazing Spider Man, my favorite food is Philly Cheese Steaks.
Advice for kids wanting to pursue acting?
10. If your child wants to get into musical theater, acting dancing or singing, CYT classes are a great way to see if they are going to enjoy it. You will always continue to get better if you are having fun.
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC